Thank you for your interest in entering your retired Greyhound into the Greyhound Adoption Program. If you could please take the time to fill out the information below and click submit.
Changes to Greyhound Adoption Program (GAP) entry process
Effective as of 1st May 2020, the following changes to the GAP entry process will be implemented:
Before being accepted onto the GAP waitlist, the wind-down notification form must be lodged with the Office of Racing Integrity (ORI) and confirmation from ORI received by GAP
- As per rule 36.4 (e) all greyhounds must have completed the 28-day wind-down period. (current as of 1st of March 2020)
- All greyhounds must have a current C5 vaccination administered no less than 14 days before entry to the program and no longer than nine months, and a certificate from a registered veterinarian must be provided
- Only the greyhound listed on the waiting list may take the spot as it becomes available – swapping greyhounds is not permitted
- The GAP entry fee of $110 has been waived
Prior to or on the day of entry the following must be provided:
Photocopy of race card or naming papers
- Current C5 vaccination certificate (Please ask the vet to leave your personal details off the certificate as this is given to the new owner)
- Completed Greyhound Details and History forms
It is NOT a GAP entry requirement that the greyhound be desexed, however if the greyhound has been desexed please provide the desexing certificate.
Once your application is received by the office staff you will receive a return email with a reference number. To follow up on your dogs progress please phone the office 0437 705 979 Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm with the reference number.
If you do not receive a response within a few days, please check your spam or junk folders. To prevent the email from being sent through to your spam or junk folders please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book.[caldera_form id=”CF55b85eb8b9464″]